Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Is God your Butler, Or is He your Friend?

   This is going to be short but to the point. My idea for tonight is to open your eyes to some other ways of looking at old things we have been taught or have read before.  The question of tonight is, is God your butler or is he your friend? Grab your bibles and turn to the book of Matthew.  I want you to read along with me to yourselves, and really let this sit deep in your thoughts. I'm reading out of the NIV.

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. (Matthew 7:12 NIV)

  When I read this verse I see a different level of understanding in it.  What I get from it is the normal golden ticket on how to live you life, but I also see an understanding on how God wants us to treat him.  These words are directly from Jesus, and I believe he was saying, " hey you want me to treat you good, well guess what treat me good too!". See I truly believe that most of us in here have a relationship with God, but more of a butler to our needs.  So I'm going to ask that question again. do you treat God like a butler?  Guess what if you do, that's Probably why you don't think that your prayers have ever been answered. Or have they?  

    Man seriously every time I think of a butler  I think of Geoffrey, the butler from the fresh prince of Bel-Air.  Then i think about Mr. Banks yellow his name out.  Then it hit me wait that's what we do with God.  Again I ask you is he your butler.  Does anyone in here just call on him just to say " yo God what up?", I doubt it.  I know for some of you this might be a little hard to hear but hang in there with me OK.  For some of you this might be a little bit of a wake up call.  For some of you not sure how to talk to God this is a learning opportunity. I believe God should be your friend someone that you talk to every day.  Not someone you just yell for whenever you want or need something.

  See if you haven't learned yet you will learn soon, that is God does what he wants when he wants.  There is nothing that we can ever do about it.  Got example for ya.  There has been times that I know I'm not the only one here that has done this.  But has said to my self God just let me win the lotto just once and everything will be just fine.  Looking around I don't think God has given any of us the winning numbers in a dream or vision yet, huh?  No he hasn't, but he does know what we truly needed the lotto for, and has provided for that, right?  

  See if you start treating him as a friend, and have a real relationship with him.  You will see all prayers being answered, and no prayers falling short.  God will reveal things to you beyond your imagination when you grow closer to him.  So now is God your Geoffrey, and you big daddy Mr. Banks.  Or is he someone that you now sit and hang out with, and live life with.  Like any other friend that you have in school.  So do to him what you would have him do to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment